I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!
   

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Federal Transit_Metropolitan Planning Grants

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

US Federal Government Agency (see all agencies)
Department of Transportation , Federal Transit Administration
CFDA #: 20.505

Assistance considerations...

Length and Time Phasing of Assistance

Funds are available for 3 years following the year for which they were appropriated.

Formula and Matching Requirements

The new budget authority for Fiscal Year 2003 Section 5303 appropriation to States for Metropolitan Planning Organizations totals $55,422,400. Added to this is $240,571 in prior year deobligated funds. A basic allocation of 80 percent of this amount, $44,530,377, is distributed to the States based on urbanized area population for State distribution. A supplemental allocation of the remaining 20 percent, $11,132,594 is also provided to the states based on an FTA administrative formula to address planning needs in the larger urbanized areas. A February 11, 2004 Federal Register Notice, FTA Fiscal Year 2004 Apportionments and Allocations, provides a table (Table 2) which contains the final combined State apportionments. The funding ratio for these grants is 80 percent Federal, 20 percent local match of net project costs. In addition, under provisions enacted in section 1103(i) of TEA-21, current year funds can be transferred from the Federal Highway Administration to form Consolidated Planning Grants.

Note:
A formula may be based on population, per capita income, and other statistical factors. Applicants are informed whether there are any matching requirements to be met when participating in the cost of a project. In general, the matching share represents that portion of the project costs not borne by the Federal government. Attachment F of OMB Circular No. A-102 (Office of Management and Budget) sets forth the criteria and procedures for the evaluation of matching share requirements which may be cash or in-kind contributions made by State and local governments or other agencies, institutions, private organizations, or individuals to satisfy matching requirements of Federal grants or loans.

Cash contributions represent the grantees' cash outlay, including the outlay of money contributed to the grantee by other public agencies, institutions, private organizations, or individuals. When authorized by Federal regulation, Federal funds received from other grants may be considered as the grantees' cash contribution.

In-kind contributions represent the value of noncash contributions provided by the grantee, other public agencies and institutions, private organizations or individuals. In-kind contributions may consist of charges for real property and equipment, and value of goods and services directly benefiting and specifically identifiable to the grant program. When authorized by Federal legislation, property purchased with Federal funds may be considered as grantees' in-kind contribution.

Maintenance of effort (MOE) is a requirement contained in certain legislation, regulations, or administrative policies stating that a grantee must maintain a specified level of financial effort in a specific area in order to receive Federal grant funds, and that the Federal grant funds may be used only to supplement, not supplant, the level of grantee funds.